Looking for practical and simple to follow shaving tips to achieve the smoothest skin possible? We have compiled a list of helpful tips that will help in eliminating redness, bumps, ingrown hairs and strawberry legs. Learn how to get a clean shave every time by following the steps below:
- Exfoliate or use a dry body brush prior to your shave to remove dead skin cells and body oils that may lead to clogged pores.
- Shave at the end of your shower or bath when your skin and hair is soft and clean.
- Use a clean and gentle shaving gel to create a barrier between your skin and the razor blades. Minimise chemicals on your skin while shaving. The gel should facilitate a smooth glide and allow the blade to cut the hair at the perfect length. A clear gel with a slight foam will help see where you are shaving.
- For highly sensitive skin begin shaving in the same direction of hair growth or ‘with the grain’.
- Use a single blade razor to avoid cutting your hair too low, under the hair follicle.
- Take short strokes to maintain control of your razor.
- Rinse blade to remove hair, dead skin cells and soap throughout your shave.
- Ensure you are using a sharp blade to avoid ‘dragging’. A blade should be suitable for 5 - 7 shaves before changing to a fresh one.
- Clean between blades after your shave to remove soap, skin and grime (single blade is easiest!)
- Dry your razor after use and store carefully and protected in the Ritology travel case. Leaving your razor in the shower, beside a wet sink or in a damp area may encourage bacteria.
- Moisturise after your shave with a lightweight cream, gel or oil. Avoid thick pore clogging formulas directly after your shave to allow skin to ‘breathe’.
For more shaving and personal care tips, information and resources visit this page.