Ingrown Hair Removal
If you suffer from ingrown hairs, we're here to help with removal, followed by tips on prevention to avoid ever enduring an ingrown hair again.
The best treatment for ingrown hairs is undoubtedly to prevent them altogether. This isn’t always possible unless you wish to cease hair removal all together.
If you do get an ingrown hair, here’s a few tips to reduce the pain, inflammation and remove them:
- Clean the affected area using a warm washcloth, gently rubbing in a circular motion for a few minutes each day.
- Once the hair emerges above the skin (could take a few days), using a sterile needle insert it under the hair loops and gently lift the embedded hair. Don’t dig into the skin as this could cause further damage or an infection.
- Use a topical cream or oil to assist in reducing swelling, redness and irritation. See some of our home remedies below.
- Moisturise! A non-greasy moisturiser can rid the skin of dead skin cells which often contribute to ingrown hairs.
- If the ingrown hair becomes infected, don’t delay, go see your doctor.
NEVER: squeeze, dig under the skin, or pick at the ingrown hair as we can guarantee you will only make it worse.