Follow the steps below for a relaxing gua sha facial and body massage.
1. The Body Shaper is suitable to use on face, body and scalp. We highly recommend using with water, oil, serum or your favourite moisturiser. Ensure to use LIGHT pressure, simply letting the Gua Sha glide along the skin.
2. For the Face, using the curved edge to your face, glide it gently up and out starting with the neck, jaw, chin and around the mouth. Use short strokes in the same direction, going over each area 3-5 times with a pause at the end of each stroke. Finish with a big sweep, from the center of your forehead, under your hairline, down and over your temple to your ear and then down the side of the neck to the terminus area. Note: Remember the eyes are a delicate area, so do not pull or drag around the eye, simply glide slowly or simply soothe and de-puff.
3. To soothe and de-puff the eyes, press the Body Shaper flat to the skin under the eyes for a few seconds.
4. To relieve tension headaches, work the tool in small horizontal strokes over the brow bone to lift, or hold and press upwards between the brows. Repeat each stroke 3-5 times per area.
5. When treating the neck, or finishing your Gua Sha facial, always end by stroking downwards starting at the hair line and working towards the shoulders. This is dumping the lymph collected.
6. For the legs, starting at the ankles, move the Gua Sha upwards towards the knee, working clockwise around the leg. Then proceed to do the same for the thigh using your desired pressure. Repeat each stroke 3-5 times per area.
7. When treating the back and chest, start at the centre and pull outwards either towards the hips or armpits using the curved edge. Repeat each stroke 3-5 times per area.
9. Use light pressure to reduce puffiness and more firmly to relax muscles and relieve tension. Always use light pressure in delicate areas ensuring not to pull or drag the skin.
10. Simply clean with soap and water before and after use.
There are many tutorials and talk about rules when it comes to using Gua Sha tools for the optimal results, however please don’t over think it. There’s no necessarily wrong way of doing it. Do what feels good for you.