If we want our products to last a lifetime, then like your favourite watch, don't forget to give your razor a little TLC. Here's our tips to ensure our razor is the only one you'll ever need.
My dad still has and uses his father's safety razor. You wouldn't even know it's at minimal 50 years old given its impeccable shape and condition. Why? Because he cares for it like all of his possessions.
In today's fast paced and disposable society, that consideration of properly caring for your possessions isn't necessarily at the top of the list. It really should be. Not just for our environments sake, but when you care your possessions it will give you a sense of pride and accomplishment, encouraging more positive acts and improved mindset.
So let's get to it. Our razors are designed to last and to love your skin shave after shave. They simply need you to love them back.
Here's our top tips on caring for your razor:
1. After each shave, rinse thoroughly under running water. You can unscrew your razor to get any hair or lubricant that may be trapped.
2. We suggest changing out your blade every 5-8 shaves. It's also the perfect time to give your disassembled razor a good clean with warm soapy water.
3. Steer clear of any harsh cleaners, disinfectants or rubbing alcohol that may strip away the razors protectant surface.
4. Aways wipe dry and store in dry safe spot. We do not recommend keeping your razor in the shower or bath or anywhere that is humid or wet. If you have our Travel Kit, simply dry and return to the kit.
5. Although soap and water can make for slippery hands, do your best not to drop your razor. At the wrong angle and a hard surface, it could damage your razor beyond repair.