We’re all led to believe that spending the most amount of money on the most expensive skin care products will give our skin the best possible outcome. What if I told you that that's not true? What if I also told you that you can acquire an amazing complexion without spending hundreds, or even thousands of dollars?
The first step to maintaining beautiful, natural skin is by taking a deeper look into what you're putting into your body. That’s right, the food you’re consuming.The cliche “you are what you eat” couldn’t be any more righteous. So, you’re probably wondering which foods these are… guess what, I’ve got ten!
- Just like Harry Styles, you’re all going to want to be on a watermelon sugar high! If you didn’t already know, watermelon is a natural exfoliator. It’s full of vitamin C and provides antioxidants that prevent early signs of aging. Not to mention, it’s 90% water so you’ll be super hydrated!
- If you’re spending your summer on a tropical island, then incorporating pineapple into your diet is a must! Pineapple contains bromelain, which is helpful in the fight against inflammation. Lessening inflammation = healthy glow. A cheeky pina colada or two never hurts anybody.
- If you’re in the mood for a more relaxing vacation, then you better cut up some cucumbers and place those bad boys over your eyes - reducing puffiness is always essential. You can eat them too - they’re super hydrating for your skin, just like watermelon!
- It would be rude not to incorporate berries into your diet (I’m talking all kinds). Berries contain antioxidants which prevent dryness and even wrinkles, also protecting your skin from the harshness of the sun. A smoothie a day keeps the doctor away!
- We’re always told to never judge a book by its cover. Kiwi fruit may look a bit deceiving on the outside, but they’re quite the treat on the inside. Kiwi fruit contains LOTS of vitamin C, producing elastin and collagen - giving your skin its elasticity.
- How could I forget… AVOCADO. Like we all need another reason to love avocado right? Avo’s are filled with healthy fats and vitamin E which assists the maintenance of the skin’s barrier function and prevents moisture loss.
- If you’re a chocolate lover like us at Ritology (especially the dark kind) then you’re in luck! Chocolate really isn’t the enemy here. Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants which can help hydrate your skin, and just like our Body Buff - increase circulation!
- Never shy away from an aphrodisiac. Oysters may not look so cute, however they contain the beneficial trace metal zinc which is known to promote wound healing and scarring. Similar to oysters, you can also get these nutrients from nuts, lobster, beans and crab!
- If you’re a sushi lover, always go for the salmon! Thanks to its incredible array of nutrients - salmon along with other fatty fish will improve the overall condition and look of your skin. Containing omega-3 fatty acids, it will hydrate and nourish the skin - making it a fantastic source of oil for your skin!
- This is my personal favourite… a big, tall glass of delicious red wine. Believe it or not, resveratrol - a potent antioxidant found in this delicious kryptonite - possesses antimicrobial effects that can help banish breakouts! The next time you find yourself sitting on the couch with a glass of vino, you can actually feel good about it!
We are all big believers of fuelling your system the right way here at Ritology. Not to mention, reaping the benefits of fantastic looking skin. Stay up to date with our social @RitologyDaily for more delicious health benefits!